Monday, September 21, 2009

Piranhas Strike Again

I'm sure Randy Williams, after tonight, became the most hated pitcher by Twins fans.

I never like to see another teams player get hit in the head by a pitch, but it's even worse when it's one of your players getting hit in the head by a pitch. I'm just thankful that Denard was able to get up and walk off the field on his own. I would have felt better had he gone to the hospital, but he was checked out and is listed as day to day so hopefully we'll be able to finish up the rest of the series.

Now I'm going to say this and then I think I may have to go wash my eyes out with soap or something because these are words you will never see come from me again, but I was pleased that AJ checked on Denard so quick and motioned to the dugout that help was needed. I think out of all the videos I've seen of players getting hit in the head, he responded the quickest in checking on Denard.


The last of the original piranhas was in fine form tonight. Punto went 2 for 2 with 2 walks. He seemed to be on top of this game tonight and remembering that the Sux are afraid of the piranhas ;-) It wasn't the best night for the White Sux Killer, aka, Mo but hopefully that won't hurt his chances for being in the last two games against these guys. Gardy knows what needs to be done and how we're going to get there so we'll see how this one plays out.

Mad props to Nickie on his pitching performance tonight. This is the Blackie I've missed seeing lately. Everyone knows he has it in him to pitch like this, he just left it behind after the all star break apparently and just now finally picked it up again, and might I add, just in time too.

Tomorrow we have Jeff Manship against John Danks. I have faith in Jeff... Gardy may not have faith in him, but I really do think Jeff has what it takes. He just needs our bats swinging and getting a little run support and everything else falls into place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my sister said to me when Span got hit, "you know its bad if AJ is concerned."