Tuesday, September 22, 2009

You Got To Fight

Tonight's game seemed to come down to who's bats were swinging better. Thankfully it came down to the fact that our bats were swinging better. It was a fight to the end and Chicago wasn't going to roll over and play dead, although at time I wish they would, but I don't get that lucky when it comes to stuff like this.

The Twins needed this win tonight, especially with Cleveland failing us and losing to Detroit 3-1. It should not have come down to us hoping, wishing, and/or praying that another team in the division would beat whoever is leading, but that seems to be the case with the Twins. They wait until the last few weeks and then get that second or third wind and make the push for the play offs. Hopefully this year we won't have to have a tie breaker game or else we're going to be in trouble since the NFL has already said they won't move the Packer/Viking game that night.

I felt bad for Jeff Manship tonight, he just wasn't on top of it tonight and it cost him what should have been his game. Part of me wonders if he's really ready to be a major league starter. I could see him possibly making the team as a relief pitcher next season, but as Gardy normally goes, I'm pretty sure he has no faith in Manny. I have faith in him, I would love to see him get one more try at his first major league win, but I doubt he will :(

When the ugly, ugly Sux took the lead, I figured I might want to turn the game off. I was in a bad mood for most of the game. I turned it off for about five minutes and happened to walk in the living room in enough time to see Cuddy be the rock star that he is. Maybe he ate some of my Skittles I gave him before the game ;-) Like I told Betsy, I think Cuddy needs the same kind of contract as Jeter with the Yankees. I could see Cuddy staying a Twin for his whole career, in all seriousness I hope that really happens. I can't see him playing any place else.


I was also in the living room long enough to see an instant replay, that is see Matty T get his second home run of the season in about the same spot as his first home run about 4 months ago. I think maybe he was talking to Cuddy before the game or something. He's got a lot of talent and hopefully he will make the team out of spring training next season and will actually get another chance at it.

Between Cuddy and Matty T, OC and Kubes also decided to help with the HR's tonight. I thought the guys did a good job tonight. The bull pen went out there and did a pretty decent job, Matty G... home runs are not acceptable though, ok? And yet again, I turned Joe Nathan off when he came into pitch the 9th. As much as I want to be able to watch him pitch again this season, if this works I'm just going to run with it. I wanna see this team in the play offs so I'll deal with it.

Tomorrow we have Brian going against Buehrle. One game at a time... as the old saying goes, "Slow and steady wins the race". This race is yours to be won guys.

No comments: